Garden Center Associate/Sales Position APPLY NOW
Full Job Description
Gardens of the World, Inc. is seeking Full and Part-Time Garden Center Associates for our Retail/Wholesale Garden Center located in Andover, New Jersey. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of plant material and landscape supplies, possess strong customer service skills, and be able to excel in a fast-paced outdoor work environment. Previous Garden Center experience is highly preferred.
The Garden Center Associate is responsible for assisting customers in plant selection, unloading and loading plant material, cashiering, answering phone calls, watering, re-stocking plants, maintaining plant displays, and other activities that support the daily operations of the garden center.
This is a very rewarding opportunity for a creative and passionate individual looking to help customers plan and design their outdoor space!
- Assist Retail and Wholesale customers in selecting the proper plant material and landscape supplies.
- Provides excellent customer service through all aspects of the customers' buying experience
- Assist customers in loading plant material
- Preparing plant material orders for delivery
- Unload and stock plant material
- Set-up and maintain product displays
- Operate nursery yard equipment/machinery
- Occasional off-site work
- Knowledge of plant material and landscape supplies
- 1 + Years experience working in a Garden Center
- Excellent customer service skills
- Energetic team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work weekends
- Experience with Heavy Equipment helpful
- Must have the ability to perform heavy manual tasks in a variety of weather conditions
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a HUGE plus
Job Type: Full-time
Rate of Pay: Negotiable depending on experience